Monday, August 17, 2009

Craziness of summer


Wow, it has been a while since I have posted. Summer has been crazy and the strange thing is, we haven't really done anything specific.

The girls had swimming lessons, Jenna started cheerleading, they have had a few play dates here and there, some beach days too...but it just seems that we had more time when we were homeschooling for that last 4 weeks of school. To tell you the truth, I think we are all looking forward to getting back into the structure.

We did make a decision that it would be best for me to quit one of my jobs. It was the one job I had that required me to leave home. I just knew it would be next to impossible to try and do that with homeschooling. I was working for an education foundation that funds our local public schools. Every since I decided to homeschool, it was just a bit awkward. Who knew that just going into an office a couple of times a week, for just a couple of hours each time, would be such a production and take such a big chunk of time out of my day.

School is just around the corner. The girls start on September 8th. We ended up making the decision to go with the public charter school, CAVAK12. It is a virtual online academy. The girls are schooled from home, are supplied with a computer, all of the books, a teacher we meet with quarterly, as well as IEP services for Jenna. They sign on each morning and log in to see what they have to do for the day/week. This means, I don't have to do the planning, yay! I think it is going to be great.

Starting next week we are going to try to implement a schedule of some sort back into our day. Come up with new rules, etc...this way we will be ready on the first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment