Sunday, August 30, 2009

Delight!

I had an amazing weekend!

On Friday night I went to a live simulcast with Beth Moore, from Living Proof Ministries. I have read a couple of her books, and signed up for this event a few weeks ago. I had never heard her live before. Let me just say, she doesn't let down!

I went with one of my friends, Steff. We really don't know each other that well, but the Lord sure matched us up and threw us together!

The theme of the teaching was on Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart". It is amazing how He has been speaking to me on this very issue over the past few weeks. If you read my blog A Captive Heart, you will see a theme going about having the joy of the Lord, and not letting the enemy steal that joy. Well, that was the theme at this event! I love when He does that! Such great confirmation.

It was such a refreshing time in His Word. Sometimes I forget how needed those times are. I'm blessed I had the opportunity to go and thank my husband for holding down the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment